Custom Plastic Extrusion Services
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
The custom plastic extrusion services offered by Lerner Molded Plastics has been delivering quality OEM, automotive, and consumer products to customers for over 25 years. We specialize in manufacturing single, co, and tri-extruded plastic profiles, pipes, and tubes that can be extruded to 12″ of circumscribing diameter, and cut to any custom length. We can apply a combination of materials and features to meet the requirements of food-grade or flame-retardant applications. As a UL certified molder we also operate an ISO certified facility that can accommodate production volume from prototype to high volume runs. For more information about our precision extrusion services, or our other capabilities, please contact Lerner Molded Plastics.
- Plastic Injection Mold & Plastic Components for the Electronics Industry
- Blow Molding of a Hand Sanitizer Bottle for the Hygiene Industry
- Plastic Rotational Molding of a Water Purification Tank
Custom Plastic Extrusion at Lerner Molded Plastics
During the plastic extrusion process, raw thermoplastic material, typically in the form of pellets, is melted and formed into a continuous profile. The extrusion process uses a rotating screw to push the melted raw material down a heated barrel that has been set to a specific temperature. The plastic then flows through a screen to remove any contaminants before passing through a die and taking on its final shape.
Many shapes and types of items are produced through this process, including pipes, tubing, sheeting, or custom-designed profiles. The extruded product can be used as-is or later fabricated into a more complex assembly by undergoing secondary processing techniques, such as punching, forming, and bending.
The Benefits of Custom Plastic Extrusion
Plastic extrusion is a high-volume manufacturing process that is used in a wide range of industries. Its cost-efficiency allows companies of all sizes to take advantage of the benefits this production process offers. These benefits include:
- Low cost. Plastic extrusion is very low cost compared to other molding processes. This process allows waste to be reused rather than discarded, which lowers both material and disposal costs. Additionally, plastic extrusion machines operate continuously, providing 24-hour production capabilities that result in a more efficient, cost-effective process. Plastic extrusion tooling is typically significantly cheaper than tooling for other plastic manufacturing methods.
- Flexibility and versatility. As long as the component’s cross-section remains the same, extrusion molding is capable of producing parts of many shapes, providing significant design flexibility. The extrusion process also allows for the manufacturing of parts that combine differing plastic attributes, such as soft and hard surfaces. With just a minor alteration, extrusion molding can go from producing complex shapes to plastic sheets.
- Post-extrusion alterations. After plastic leaves the extruder, it remains hot and can be further manipulated. This allows manufacturers to alter the shape of extruded plastic using rollers, shoes, or dies to meet the specific needs of many applications.
Plastic Extrusion Applications
Since plastic extrusion is a highly versatile process, it provides adaptable solutions for applications throughout many industries. Extruded plastics are used throughout industrial and commercial applications, with some of the most common being tubing, rods, and specialty profiles.
Applications for extruded plastic tubing, rods, and specialty profiles include:
- Medical device components
- Deck railings
- Window and door profiles
- Automotive components
- Children’s toys
- Pet products
- Windshield wipers
- And more
Plastic Extrusion Capabilities
|General Custom Plastic Extrusion Capabilities||Cut to Length|
|Maximum Circumscribing Circle Size||12 in|
|Extrusion Product Form||Profiles
|Secondary Services||In-Line or Post Molded Secondary Assembly
Part Decorating (Hot Stamping, Pad Printing, Painting)
Bar Coding and Labeling
Complete Packout Services
Warehousing Services and Drop Ship Capability
All Material, Packaging, and Components Sourcing
Complete Supply Chain Services
Vendor Managed Inventory Programs
|Production Volume||Prototype Runs to Full Production Capacity|
|Industry Standards||ISO Certified|
Our Custom Plastic Extrusion Capabilities
Lerner Molded Plastics has been providing high-quality precision extrusion services for over 25 years. Specializing in single, co, and tri-extruded plastic tubes, pipes, and profiles, our capabilities include extrusions up to 12’’ in circumscribing diameter. Our plastic extrusions can be cut to any length, and we offer various materials and features to meet the requirements of flame-retardant or food-grade applications.
We have decades of experience delivering custom components that meet the demands of many industries, including OEM, automotive, and consumer products. As a UL-certified molder, Lerner Molded Plastics operates an ISO-certified facility that accommodates production volumes from prototype to high-volume runs. We also offer a wide range of secondary services, including in-line or post-molded secondary assembly, hot stamping, painting, barcoding, tooling, and more.