When you take time to plan, injection molding Ohio can help you get the most out of your next project.
What is Injection Molding?
Injection molding is a manufacturing process generally used when producing parts in high volume. The advantages of injection molding include the ability to mass-produce, low scrap rates, and consistency and reliability. For example, the one-hundredth part you produce will be exactly identical to the first, which is perfect for producing parts in large volume.
An injection molding machine is made up of 3 components: The hopper, screw and heated barrel. The hopper feeds pellets through the heated barrel. Then, the material is melted by a screw equipped with heaters. The plastic is injected through the nozzle into a mold cavity. There, it solidifies to the configuration of the cavity.
3 Things to Consider When Choosing Injection Molding Services
The process may sound simple, but injection molding is actually very complex. There are many factors to consider when choosing the right plastic injection molding provider for your company. Some of the most critical considerations include:
1. Required Quantity and Specifications
- Is injection molding the most cost-effective option for the run you have in mind?
- Determine the necessary tolerance.
2. Design of Tooling and Parts
- Be mindful of all assembly costs during your part design process.
- Collaborate with a molder on tooling design, if possible.
- Try to get a general idea of how long the part production could take. Reach out to providers and check out their websites.
- Consider how you and your team would adapt to obstructions in the manufacturing process.
Injection Molding From Lerner Molded Plastics
Lerner Molded Plastics has earned a reputation of excellence in injection molding in a wide range of industries. Lerner Molded Plastics operates an ISO-certified, state-of-the-art facility in Northeast Ohio. They specialize in multi-cavity molds but can also accommodate small to large products, with high tonnage presses. They also provide thermoplastic and thermoset molding. In addition, Lerner is a full-service provider that offers engineering and product development. If you have been looking for a reliable injection molding service in Ohio, contact Lerner Molded Plastics today